Monday, June 16, 2008

World Cup got nothing on us!!

So, there is a reason there has not been a post in the last couple of days. It might be because my back feels like an 80 year-old grandma, or it might be because we are still trying to recover from the amazingness that was soccer on Saturday night. Hannah and I, embarked on a new way of life, one in which we are athletic and able to face large Argentine men in a sport they are bred to play. Basically, Saturday night what we thought was playing soccer with the youth turned into church soccer with a bunch of men. However, keeping with our promise to ML, we played.....and we DID WELL!! It is amazing what the fear of being bad will do to an unathletic person. So, to sum up the game, we played hard and Hannah made a goal and I made an assist. Awesome huh?

The last couple of days has been really fun, we have been super busy with the youth, going to meetings and planning activities. Everyone here is so anxious to hang out and be together, I love it! On Saturday Hannah and I started a new tradition of playing cards with the youth before the meeting, and never have you played UNO until you have played with Juan Carlos. 

Yesterday was full of activities and today we are going to the Japanese Gardens in an outside province. Life is good, and that is enough.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

Hahaha. I bet JuanCa gets into it. I can only imagine...!!!! You made me chuckle out loud from my little cubicle at work! :)