Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Facing the Giants" in BA

The past two days have been great ones! Yesterday afternoon we played pool with the youth and I held my own. Well....not really, unless you count holding your own getting a few balls in by sheer luck. Let's just say that I have a long way to go from being the pool shark that I wanna be!

Then last night we watched "Facing the Giants" in the church auditorium with some of the youth. Hannah and I made homemade popcorn (both sweet and salty) and it was a success! If you are wondering why in the world we picked that movie, never fear, it is rapidly approaching my favorites list. The whole movie Hannah and I sat there and cried, trying to not be quite so obviuos to the people around us who would surely laugh. I think that the message of "preparing your fields for God's work to be done in your life" is a really powerful message and it really got to me last night.

Amidst the tears, it was a lot of fun to spend time with the youth and to continue building relationships. I love the people here so much, even if they do walk slow and take forever to make decisions!!! I look forward to the time I can spend with them each day, and the funny moments that are bound to arise.

Today Hannah and I went to a women's bible study before the weekly youth meeting. We talked about being good wives, and women of good faith, who can see the good and praise and uplift people instead of bringing them down. It was a great lesson, but even more it was a great moment to be with people who have such a desire to be better wives and role-models. It was awesome.

Then we went to the youth meeting where "Eres mi Fuerza" (You are my Strength) was my favorite song of the night. I have developed a love for singing with the youth, and even moreso learning all my favorite church songs in Spanish. Then afterwards we went and got some pizza with everyone at Ugi's. I will have to say that I have gotten more pizza here in BA than I have in the states in a long time. Weird huh?

I ended the night with a wonderful McCafe with Hannah and one of our new sisters. It was such a great experience to sit and talk and share with each other. God blessed me tonight and I can truly see him working all around us.

I love BA and I love the people here. I could not have asked for a better summer. And....tomorrow we get to go to the ZOO!!!!! yay

Peace.Love.Coca Lights.

P.S. Caramel Macchiatos are not the same as in the U.S., don't be fooled....I was!

2 comments:

Lauren Hart said...

Looks like you are having loads of fun Valerie! I know that you are blessing many with your passion for the Lord and His people. Blessings, my dear.

Lauren said...

Hi there,

My name is Monique & I'm part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures--creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project--FIREPROOF.
It's due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, read the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you're interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me at monique@lovell-fairchild.com and I will be happy to get you what you need.

Again, thanks for blogging!
Monique
Lovell-Fairchild Communications