Friday, June 13, 2008

No, I really DID tell a guy I loved him on the Subte





Ok so let me clarify for those of you who thought that the titles of my blogs are in fact not true. Yes, indeed, everything written is truth, to the best of my knowledge, and therefore is not used as a mere luring tool. So, if you are wondering did I actually tell a guy on the Subte that I loved him, yes I did. Was I trying to make a brotherly love assoication? Yes. But, did the words "Te amo" come out of my mouth? Yes. And, that is the real story. Don't worry, many were there to witness it and many could vouch for my stupidity.

Today Hannah and I worked on a 4ft by 6ft bulletin board that resembled billboards you might see on a highway. Needless to say, it took the better part of our day to cover it. Then we went to Spanish tutoring and on to Spanish cell group.

The thing that struck me about today was the strict adherence to biblical doctrine. I think may times people want to "create-a-faith" like the famous bear shop, but few really stop to realize that Christianity is about the cause of Christ and his words, not the ones we pick and choose to hear and mold into our own. People here believe in the Bible, and they desire more than anything to be followers of Christ. I am learning a lot...

The other day Hannah and I had some free time and decided to explore a random staircase and room in our house. The pictures included are a product of boredom, plus a pic of the massive billboard. Enjoy, especially you Sally! Ciao.

No comments: