Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I accidentally told a guy on the Subte I loved him

It's been a few days since my last blog, but I would say that it would most definitely
be because of a lack of free time. Sunday we went to church at 10 am and did not leave until around 2 pm. It was really neat to be in service with everyone and then Hannah and I went to the LST class and helped natives speak English through a bible study in the gospels. I always enjoy LST classes because they make me feel useful...yah know, since I am not remotely near bilingual yet. Then after church we went with some other people and the Valdez's to another Feria and ate lunch. It was the most massive pile of meat I have ever seen in my life, and for the most part was good. I mean, I will probably have to work up to the cow utters and cooked blood they were serving!! Then we went and shopped around the fair and made it home in time to watch
 the Argentina v. US soccer game.

Monday was Hannah and I's day off and so we decided to go explore the city a
 little bit more. In BA, much like Dallas, they have different provinces that are fairly near by. So we hoped on the Subte and went to Plaza
 de Mayo which is where all the political buildings are. We saw a lot
of historical things, but the highlight was seeing Casa Rosada, which is where Evita stood for her famous speech....and for us Norte Americanas, where Madonna
 stood for the filming of Evita.
Later that night we went to a mall with "the fam" and sa
w Made of Honor. Later, the parents went on a date and we played DDR in the mall. I would like to say, that it was a growing experience for me to do this in such a public place, especially since I am absolutely horrible at DDR. 

Yesterday was my birthday and so we got to sleep in and then Hannah and I went to Dulce Fressa, our favorite place, and got a cup of coffee and of course a medialuna. Then we went to a Su Chef type place for lunch with the fam. I am told it is one of the nicest in the country, but basically it was an all you can eat buffet with like 10 different stations with their own chef. So...I would like to say that my food intake resembled that of Thanksgiving, and I do not feel bad about it. Then it was off to work and Hannah and I attended our first Spanish tutoring session and then time for the youth meeting. We made a lot of headway on Friends Day and somehow Hannah and I are not only holding
 acting positions in the play, but we are in charge of costumes as well. Hah, we will keep you posted on how all of that goes. 

I think that the thing I am learning most right now is how important it is to be welcoming and loving of people exactly where they are. I have always thought of myself as a lover, but then I come here and see such unconditional love and acceptance. More than that, they 
challenge each other to be better and to honor God is truly all aspects of their lives. There is no apathy among this church or group of people, everything is done with passion. This in itself is incredible, but I would say that right now I am honored to be a part of it.

Today is a new day with new adventures....I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

I was hoping to read about you telling a guy you loved him!....Clever title to trick me into reading your blog, Val! Ha. I enjoyed the new posts. I'm glad you went to la Argentinatta!

I like how you wrote about the bible studies. I remember spending lots of time in Bible studies...I miss that!

Keep up the good work (and keep making Hannah Anna do weird things so I can hear about them!)