Friday, June 6, 2008

Evita was not the only one who stood on a balcony



Yesterday was a wonderful day in BA! We spent the better part of the morning inside the house, printing pictures of the church members and preparing to make a bulletin board in the church building. Osvaldo was really funny about the pictures, making sure to include every church member. So, needless to day, we did a lot of printing. 

Then we had a lunch visitor, Jorge, Osvaldo's brother. He was a really funny character and we enjoyed sharing lunch with him and trying empanadas. Later Laura taught us how to make them, so we will be sure to bring that back to the states!

Later that evening we had our first medienda, or tea-time. We went to a cute little sandwich place and had cafe con leche y medialunas. Hannah had her second coffee ever in her life, and she loved it. I am so excited to share coffee with her now, as lame as that sounds! We spent a lot of time talking with Laura y Marisa and I feel
 like we are really starting to bond with them. I am cherishing the sweet fellowship time, and look forward for more to come.

Last night we had our Spanish speaking cell group, which was in a beautiful house of a church member. It was fun to meet new people, and muc
h to my surprise, I understood a lot of what was being said. Granted most of what people said was followed up by me with a "repiten por favor", but understanding is understanding right? ...no matter how long it takes. We also met a beautiful girl named Paula and she was so much fun to play with. I cannot wait to meet all the church children. And, I look forward to next week when we can attend the cell groups again and really start to build relationships with the people. I think there is somethi
ng to having small group communities, I have already seen the growth it brings among people and how it is enabling church leaders. People here have so many questions about the Christian faith, and with small groups like last night, we can begin to answer them and teach them more effectively. 

Here are some pictures of the surrounding architecture. Notice that all of them have balconies, long live Evita eh?
Peace, Love, Argentina.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

Val, I'm enjoying the posts! Keep them coming because I'm sure you realize that I'm living vicariously through y'all!

Enjoy the cafe and medialunas!

(I miss meriendas!)