Tuesday, July 22, 2008

O yeah Bu-que-bus...everyone move to the Busque Bus!



Our busque bus...it looked more like a cruise ship!


The pretty streets of Colonia...the white dots
are rain not snow!




Look at these pretty colorful houses!


Here is our golf-cart....full of memories!


So, yesterday morning, around 7 am, Hannah and I went on yet another adventure...this time to Colonia, Uruguay. We left around 7:15 in the morning to go to the Busque Bus station (basically a giant boat) and headed on a 3 hour ride to Colonia. Who would have thought we would come back with a new outfit on, a bag of drenched clothes, and a lifetime of memories in a golf cart. Yes, all of those things made our wonderful day in Colonia.

When Hannah and I arrived in Colonia we saw a scooter and golf-cart rental place. I really wanted to rent a scooter, but we couldn't because all of them were taken. So, instead, we rented a golf-cart. Colonia is a small town and can probably be reached from end-to-end in about 30 minutes. So, we headed out in the golf-cart in a foreign country and attempted to see the town in 3 hours. The plan got interesting when it started to rain....a lot!

So, for the next 2 hours Hannah and I traveled around Colonia on a golf-cart in the freezing rain (seriously, sleet in our eyes!) It was so much fun, and yet probably not the best idea. O well, I will do everything once right?!

So, when it was almost time to leave we drove to the nearest mall (I know, I know) and bought some dry clothes. Then we got on the busque bus and experienced the most rocky boat ride of our lives. It was a rough three hours, but was made better by a group of British soccer players behind us.

All in all, it was yet another fun adventure of the Summer. It is amazing what can be fun when you are in a new place with a crazy side-kick.

Today is full of LST studies and youth meetings and costume preparation. As I work today, I am working with the mindset of doing so for the LORD. It is amazing how much more important the small things seem when you do it all for God. Today, I am trying to walk with that mindset.

Peace.Love.Busquebus.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

i love uruguay and buquebus!!!!

i lova y'all!

Unknown said...

Hey, I went to Uruguay through Buque Bus and it was a great experience in Colonia. I also went to Argentina and I found renting apartments more difficult in Montevideo. To get apartment for rent buenos aires
I did some research and found one near the downtown that was really nice thanks to that service call ForRent. I liked both countries, but in Buenos Aires I had a little bit more fun.
Anyways, they are both great countries to visit and the ride in Buquebus is so much fun, it is only 2 hours and you have all kinds of landscapes.
I hope I can do that again!
Cheers,
Tiffany