Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Da una sonrisa mas"















So, it is Wednesday night and Hannah and I have had a really eventful/relaxing last few days. We left Sunday afternoon for Mar del Plata and came back Tuesday evening. It was a really fun couple of days in which we got to sit on the beach in Argentine "winter" and see yet another beautiful part of this country. (Pictured above are some of the precious children I get to work with every Sunday!)

When we came back Tuesday, a lot of changes had happened. However, the end result is one that I am really looking forward to. Starting tomorrow, Hannah and I will be working more with LST and having students for a few hours almost everyday. It seems a little exhausting, but I am so excited to sit down with people, some of which are agnostic, and hopefully spark some interest into a world of faith. My focused prayer for the last two weeks will be to have God speak through me to these people and that a language barrier will not hinder what could be some amazing conversations about God.

Although the beach was fun, it felt so good to be "home." These people have become my family and seeing them again brought a crazy amount of joy to my heart. Hannah and I are really struggling with not acting like two weeks from now is dooms day, but we really do not want to leave. God has shown us the power of community this summer, and how through him anyone can find unity and friendship.

We are staying busy with LST and making costumes for the upcoming community play. Life here starts early and ends late, but every moment is filled with joy and remembrance of how good the Lord is to all of us.

Thanks so much for your faithful prayers this summer, they are felt!

I will leave you with a story. So, the first night Hannah and I were at Mar del Plata we decided to go out in search of a place we had heard about. So, we left our hotel....kinda late although I will not tell you how late...and got in a taxi with the exact location in our hands. When we got to the place, successfully mind you, the found out that it was closed! So, we told the driver thank you and that we should probably go back. Well, somewhere in the midst of that convo he was laughing and said something about a city tour. Being that we had just driven to the other side of town, I assume he was trying to make us feel better and telling us that at least we got a city tour. So, my encouraging reaction was, "Si, we did get a city tour!"

Welp, 30 minutes and 20 pesos later, we realized that he was in fact taking us on the city tour that I had apparently agreed to. So, I thanked him for the tour and explained that we needed to go back to the hotel. Hannah was sure to emphasize that now would be a good time. So, we finally got back to the hotel and I looked at Hannah with a smile....hoping that she would remember that without me there would not be as many funny stories, and hoping that she would forget that I cost us 40 pesos for the adventure.

Peace.Love.Do yourself a favor and eat a nuez alfajore.

1 comment:

Hannah Anderson said...

OH VALERINA...

It is true. And...you know I harbor no hard feelings toward you for the city tour.

I only harbor hard feelings for the pillow incidents that happen...you know what i mean =) kidding.

peace.love.nuez alfajors changed my life.